Business Development Sales Executive – IT and Cyber
Business Development / Sales Executive – IT and Cybersecurity (Remote)
25+ year old IT MSP and Technology Solutions provider is looking to grow its security practice. This is an exciting technology business development role that will play in integral role in the building the foundation of our future security sales organization. As part of your DNA, you have the ability to promote and build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies that maximize opportunity within the channel and direct sales through-out the Southeast.
The successful candidate will be skilled at generating sales leads, identifying, and contacting potential clients, connecting with decision-makers, representing the company at networking events and conferences, and help plan and oversee marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Understand the security landscape and articulate the unique business value of our proactive managed IT and security services.
- Manage the complete sales cycle from initial conversation to developing strategic solution proposals and recommendations with new customers.
- Understand how different solutions compliment/compete with one another to guide customers to a comprehensive solution.
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted sales strategies
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients
- Create and deliver powerful presentations that clearly communicate the value proposition of the company and our solutions.
- Uncover new sales opportunities for Managed IT services, cybersecurity, and managed application security within the existing customer base.
- Act as a cyber security subject matter expert, supporting marketing events – conferences, customer demos, trainings, webinars, etc.
- Share best practices, solving specific business problems differently from knowledge and experience.
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge, participate in technical communities of interest.
- Identify problems in customer environments; effectively engages customers at the technical field and technical management levels.
- Proactively track your sales activity and forecast your sales opportunities to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients; maintaining a database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Proven experience in a with lead generation and prospect management
- Five+ years of selling Managed IT Services or related IT services to mid-market and/or small enterprise-level clients (200 – 500 employees), with a strong understanding of the MSP business model.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated experience selling Cloud/SaaS/Networking and Network Security Solutions including Managed Detection and Response, Next Gen Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM Solutions, SOAR, Cloud Security, End Point Security, Vulnerability and Penetration Testing Services.
- Demonstrated ability to discuss the financial and business implications of solutions.
- Superior organizational, planning, time management, follow-up and forecasting skills.
- Knowledge of compliance process and regulatory requirements such as: HIPAA, PCI, and NIST-800.
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Understanding of infrastructure management concepts such as: Network Operation Centers, Configuration management, Patching, etc.
- Security industry certification a plus.
- Have been working on building your network via LinkedIn
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be self-directed and independent.
This is a full-time salary + commissioned position for an experienced IT / Cyber Security business development specialist.
$130,000 – $200,000.
After completing the introductory period (30 days), you will be eligible for:
- Health Insurance (with substantial company contribution)
- Dental and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- WFH opportunity