Vice President of Sales
The company offers a broad portfolio of secure IT services, including managed IT, cybersecurity, technical compliance (CMMC, NIST, HIPAA, etc.), hosted VOIP, cloud solutions, and professional services. The company has garnered top industry recognition for their thought leadership, growth, and workplace culture. Their unique value proposition includes a unique Autopilot package of comprehensive IT services, a deep pool of technical resources, support for both private and public cloud, cybersecurity assessments, and a compliance team.
This new executive role will be responsible for all aspects of the sales process, with a hands-on, action-oriented approach to directing the sales team and working closely with the Regional Vice Presidents to close sales in all regions. Additionally, this role will work collaboratively with the marketing team to help ensure alignment of all sales and marketing activities. Overall, this role will drive sales strategy through collaborative relationships throughout the organization to maximize revenue generation.
The right executive for this VP of Sales role will embrace the mission to help small and mid-sized businesses gain a competitive advantage by harnessing the power of technology to reach their business goals. They will be an advocate for this approach to achieving this mission and embrace the vision of becoming North America’s leading MSP for small & mid-sized businesses. Our client has ambitious market share growth aspirations to double in size over the next few years and is looking for an executive with similar ambition who is committed to helping them achieve these targets.
8 Reasons an A-Player Should consider this VP of Sales role:
- Great opportunity to lead and expand a national MSP / Cloud sales organization.
- Report to the CEO and be a key contributor during board meetings.
- Work at a company with the financial resources to aggressively grow.
- Step into a career path potentially leading to CRO and CEO.
- Work in a company with a progressive hands-on, action-oriented culture.
- Work at a company rated one of the best places to work in the US.
- Be highly compensated under a non-capped compensation plan.
- Participate in equity in a hyper-growth company.
“Specific Responsibilities” of this VP of Sales role:
We are seeking a detail-oriented executive who takes ownership of their leadership responsibilities and can communicate effectively with teammates and clients. They work best in a bold, work-hard, play-hard environment. They enjoy organization metrics, analytics, team camaraderie, and multitasking, all while working in a fun environment.
Specific responsibilities of this VP of Sales leadership role include:
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking sales activities for improving the productivity of the sales force and enhancing the sales funnel.
- Own the sales and commission plan for quota setting and the right commission structure to attract and retain top sales talent
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking sales activities across multiple offices and regions, improving productivity of the sales force, and enhancing the sales funnel.
- Enable and drive consistency of the sales team’s process throughout.
- Work with marketing to define and agree on targeting, personas, qualified leads definitions, and KPIs
- Work with marketing to create the right tools, materials, and presentations to enable sales team productivity in alignment with Our Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Pillars.
- Evaluate and execute all of the hiring, training, and managing of the sales team.
- Work with the RVPs and sales reps to drive sales results.
- Use data and metrics to measure results and, based on that data, adjust and implement new concepts.
- Attend regional sales meetings with the RVP to help drive accountability and consistency.
- Evaluate sales pipelines, including coming up with a way to measure them.
- Drive use of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Develop a solid cadence for KPIs and forecasting and promote buy-in for their use.
- Be skilled at developing sales plans, constructing opportunity pursuit strategies, and driving deals to closure.
- Produce accurate forecast sales numbers for the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and drive the end–to–end sales strategy.
- Operate in a matrixed environment – that means someone who can get things done by effectively working with others outside of your own organization.
- Evaluate opportunity pipelines, including devising with marketing the right set of actions to improve pipeline results.
- Drive full adoption of our CRM by emphasizing the value of it throughout the sales organization.
- Develop a consistent cadence for review of KPIs and forecasting and get buy-in from the sales team for its use.
Necessary background and experience for this VP of Sales role:
- 10+ years of exceptional sales experience in a quota-driven, high-demand environment.
- 10+ years of experience in sales training/sales enablement
- 5+ years of leading a sales team posting YoY measurable growth
- Strong mastery of IT services selling skills and sales methodology.
- SaaS experience (or IT-related recurring revenue model) a plus – OR REQUIRED?
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Strong process orientation.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed reporting environment.
- Uses CRM as the critical tool to track pipeline value, conversion rates, pipeline velocity, and sales engagement.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets.
- Currently or previously carried a minimum revenue target of at least $15M.
- Demonstrated experience developing annual sales plans, driving demand generation activities, constructing opportunity pursuit strategies, and driving deals to closure.
- Strong MSP Cloud technology and market knowledge. (e.g., vendors, technologies, market drivers, etc.)
How you measure success:
- Acquisition of new customer sales vs. quotas
- Achieving new customer sales pipeline value vs. goal
- Overall sales team hitting pipeline goals
- Team Engagement
- Pipeline Velocity
- Increases in Pipeline Leads to Sales Conversion Rates
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Stock Options
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Progressive PTO
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability available
- Tax deferred retirement plan with company match
- Career Development and Coaching
Fun work environment!