Inventory Purchasing Manager
Full Job Description
The inventory purchasing manager supervises the purchasing team and manages the daily activities in purchasing for all hardware, software and supplies sold and utilized within the company. The inventory purchasing manager oversees sourcing and purchasing of miscellaneous items that are essential to the operations of the business. This position overseas the receiving of all inventories, develops inventory reports, tracks inventory accuracy, and optimizes inventory control procedures.
- Plan, monitor & track inbound receipts.
- Ensure equipment is delivered safely in a timely manner as per customer criteria.
- Hire, train, lead & evaluate purchasing team.
- Evaluate orders to determine the most cost-effective way to utilize vendor programs to acquire inventory.
- Back up purchasing team when increased volume or PTO time is required
- Identify opportunities for greater efficiency or cost savings
- Continually improve purchasing/inventory methods and processes.
- Create detailed reports for inventory adjustments
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction & financial commitments are achieved to our standards.
- Prepare reports, negotiate pricing with suppliers to improve efficiency of company supply chain.
- Coordinate physical inventories of warehouse locations as directed by company financial directors.
- Perform other activities that support our Sales/Service organization.
- Serve as a role model for teamwork, cooperation, client focus, professionalism, and enthusiasm for the job.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Problem solving & strong organizational abilities
- Working knowledge of logistics & inventory software
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, business, and management principles
- Ability to supervise, control, manage, instruct, and lead others to complete the assigned tasks along with computer skills, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail & customer satisfaction
- Impeccable Behavior and Integrity
- Planning and organizing, (work management)
- Teamwork (cooperation)
- Work standards (concern for quality)