Business Development Manager
Business Development Specialist – Vascular – Biopsy
We are searching for candidates that have 5 or more years of Medical Device sales, clinical and/or marketing experience. Experience in Medical Device Sales, preferably within Biopsy. Drainage and Biliary.
Remote Role with 50% Travel (preferably live in markets near any major US Airport)
Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Presents and sells products to new and existing accounts and follows up with these customers to confirm that products delivered meet their needs. Makes in-service presentations to clients, explaining new products and their use. Maintains close relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are understood and met.
1. Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracks individual contributors and their accomplishments.
2. Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovers and explores opportunities.
3. Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluates options; and resolves internal priorities.
4. Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations, examines risks and potentials; and estimates needs and goals.
5. Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; develops and negotiates contracts; and integrates contract requirements with business operations.
6. Establishes and maintains close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by:
7. Coordinates marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
8. Makes decisions within approved authorization limits regarding product pricing to optimize sales volume and profitability.
9. Prepares reports summarizing sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in our procedures.
10. Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
11. Maintains a high level of knowledge about our and competitive products and their advantages and disadvantages.
12. Sets and achieves personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales and other related sales results achieved.
13. Participates as a member of the sales team to improve the ability to increase market share by identifying ways to increase product quality and customer satisfaction.
14. Travels by car, airplane, bus, etc. to perform sales duties with clients.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
* A minimum of five years of direct sales experience, preferably in selling medical products.
* Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
* Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of medical technicians and clinicians.
* Ability to learn the usage of medical equipment and to identify and explain possible improvements in usage.